Tuesday, August 19, 2008












Sometime in July...I think July, but can't remember...we went to Bastrop Lake near Austin. After having our boat for 2 years I finally went for a ride and to my surprise I liked it. I'd still rather have a pontoon and just drift down the river with cocktail in hand, but our boat was perfectly comfortable. No pictures of me to prove that I was on the boat, but there are plenty of Noah. He really liked it. Of course Michael did, too.

On our way home we went to the world famous Snake Farm. It's the Snake Farm that was featured on dirty jobs. Jeff really liked the llama.

Noah got ear tubes this summer. Michael took this lovely photo to commemorate the event. Since he's had the tubes he's been doing well. No ear infections yet. Let's hope it stays that way. I've been really surprised at how good he is at keeping his ear plugs in while he bathes. He actually seems to like it.

We went to Schlitterbahn a few weekends ago. Schlitterbahn is apparently the #1 water park in the U.S. I must agree. There was lots of fun things and even a few "hot tub" bars. Nothing like sitting on a bar stool in the water and drinking a cold margarita on the hottest day of the summer. I'd love to go back without the kids to go on all of the rides. Unfortunately Michael is too impatient to wait in line for an hour and when I make him wait in line and we get to the top of the hill he freaks out about it being too scary. Ahhh...good times.

Next week Michael starts first grade and I have my first faculty meeting at TAMUT.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe Michael starts 1st grade already. The picture of Noah sitting on a lawn chair reminds me of Ava - has some Parmentier traits. Take Care!